Re: CURL multi handle with easy handles from different threads

From: Ray Satiro via curl-library <curl-library_at_cool.haxx.se>
Date: Thu, 9 Jul 2015 18:38:17 -0400

On 7/9/2015 5:19 PM, Rajalakshmi Iyer wrote:
> Is it appropriate to have a global CURL multi handle to which easy
> handles are added by different threads in an application?

It's possible but I don't know whether it's appropriate for you. I'm
thinking back to what you posted on the list a few days ago and it
sounded really like you may be experiencing some connectivity issue that
is/was causing problems. That seems like the issue to address rather
than rewrite your code. Also it was mentioned you can share DNS and such
(but frankly I'm skeptical it would help in this case). Anyway, if
that's a non-starter then please review [1] and "Only use one handle in
one thread at any time."

[1]: http://curl.haxx.se/libcurl/c/libcurl-tutorial.html#Multi-threading