Re: CURL multi handle with easy handles from different threads

From: Rajalakshmi Iyer <raj_at_blismedia.com>
Date: Fri, 10 Jul 2015 11:09:38 +0100

Attached is an attempt at a sample program that creates 2 threads each
with an easy handle that is added to the global multi handle. It uses libuv
for socket event handling.

Each thread is supposed to continuously fetch data from an external server
(see http_get() thread function).

However, currently the 2 threads each fetch data from the external server
once and then nothing further happens. In case of CURL_POLL_REMOVE, I
ensure that uv_close is not called, so that further events on the socket
can be detected.

How can I make the external GET a continuous activity on the easy handle?

Thanks
Raj

On Fri, Jul 10, 2015 at 10:38 AM, Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se> wrote:

> On Fri, 10 Jul 2015, Ray Satiro via curl-library wrote:
>
> Generally there is something in libcurl I'm unclear about (I've asked on
>> the list before but didn't get a reply addressing it) which is it seems
>> that it's acceptable behavior for curl_multi_perform to always be
>> performing and not return for extended periods of time and I thought in
>> that case you can't call multi_add_handle from another thread during that
>> time.
>>

> There's no guarantee that this will work. As all internals are lock-free
> and assume exclusive access to lists etc there's a risk for data corruption
> if you do this.
>
> --
>
> / daniel.haxx.se

    Rajalakshmi Iyer  *Senior Software Engineer*    raj-blismedia.com
<http://is.gd/L42zBR>[image: Skype icon]       [image: Blis logo]
<http://www.blismedia.com/>    <http://www.blismedia.com/>
<https://www.facebook.com/BlisMedia?fref=ts>
<https://twitter.com/BlisMedia>
<https://www.linkedin.com/company/blismedia>
<https://plus.google.com/u/0/103190831541608378945/about>
--
This email and any attachments to it may be confidential and are
intended solely for the use of the individual to whom it is addressed. Any