Re: Using ftpupload.c returns a directory listing in HTML format

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Tue, 11 Aug 2015 17:20:38 +0200 (CEST)

On Tue, 11 Aug 2015, Nils S wrote:

> I am using the example ftpupload.c changing
> REMOTE_URL to "192.168.0.151/backup/ftptest/" whereas I get the directory
> listing of backup directory in HTML coding as return.

Because you didn't specify which protocol to use so libcurl guesses you meant
HTTP and so it asked the server using HTTP on port 80 and it returned data
using HTML...

> When I try with
> #define REMOTE_URL "ftp://192.168.0.151/backup/ftptest/"

> I get error: curl_easy_perform() failed: URL using bad/illegal format or
> missing URL.

That's strange. It looks like a perfectly fine URL to me.

> I can use command line access to the NAS...

You mean command line curl? Then you can just add "--libcurl ftplist.c" to
generate C code for your libcurl using application...