Re: Are there any hints with building Git with HTTP and HTTPS helpers?

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Tue, 25 Aug 2015 10:33:05 +0200 (CEST)

On Mon, 24 Aug 2015, Jeffrey Walton wrote:

> I'm working with an old piece of APple iron. It lacks Git, so I've
> been trying to build it from scratch. According to Git's `configure
> --help`, I need to callout cURL and I am supposed to get HTTP and
> HTTPS helpers:
>
> ./configure --help | grep -i http
> --with-curl support http(s):// transports (default is YES)

First, I think you should ask this on the git mailing list instead of the
libcurl one. They are the champions of git building with and without libcurl.

Then, as always when something configure related isn't doing what you
think/want, check the details in config.log. There should be tests for libcurl
in there that failed and the output and reasons for that failure helps you
with ideas of what to try next.