CURLOPT_CAPATH returning CURLE_NOT_BUILT_IN on MacOS 10.10

From: Volker Schmid <volker.schmid_at_regify.com>
Date: Tue, 25 Aug 2015 18:05:23 +0200

Hello,

a customer of mine is using my software on MacOS 10.10 (he said he updated a few days ago to the most recent). I utilize the libcurl.dylib that the system is giving to me.

Interestingly, I get this information after initialization (curl_version_info(CURLVERSION_NOW)):

Version:7.43.0
Host: i386-apple-darwin14.0
SSL Version: SecureTransport
ZLib version: 1.2.5
Features: CURL_VERSION_SSL + CURL_VERSION_NTLM + CURL_VERSION_IPV6 + CURL_VERSION_LIBZ + CURL_VERSION_ASYNCHDNS

Now I try to assign a CAPATH using CURLOPT_CAPATH value for function curl_easy_setopt().
The provided value is "/System/Library/Keychains/" (without quotes, folder exists).
The result of the call is error 4 (CURLE_NOT_BUILT_IN).

Any idea what might be wrong here? Is it my code (worked fine for about 20 Macs in the past 5 months) or is there something else? Maybe the most recent MacOS update broke something?

Best,

Volker