Re: CURLOPT_CAPATH returning CURLE_NOT_BUILT_IN on MacOS 10.10

From: Nick Zitzmann <nick_at_chronosnet.com>
Date: Wed, 26 Aug 2015 23:37:31 -0500

> On Aug 26, 2015, at 4:15 AM, Volker Schmid <volker.schmid_at_regify.com> wrote:
>
> Thanks for the answer. Ok, I understand. But on MacOS I also do not have some cacerts.pem file usable with CURLOPT_CAINFO. So how to make this working? Or do I need to provide this file?

You won't ever need to use CURLOPT_CAINFO with the SecureTransport back-end, because by default, SecureTransport uses the Keychain for certificate validation, and the Keychain on iOS and OS X comes with its own set of root certificates.

If you have a special set of root certificates you want to use, then CURLOPT_CAPATH will work... But in general, you ought to import your certificate(s) into the Keychain using certtool or Keychain Access, and set them as trusted. That way, they will work with curl, libcurl, Apple's apps, and most third-party apps.

Nick Zitzmann
<http://www.chronosnet.com/>