RE: AS/400 FTP server (was: My first post for verification)

From: Patrick Monnerat <Patrick.Monnerat_at_datasphere.ch>
Date: Wed, 2 Sep 2015 18:22:16 +0200

Ken Alverson wrote:

> Please disregard my previous post. I have this completely working and
it works great. My previous issue was I needed to reset curl and setup
again for the next download transfer. I noticed it does re-use the ftp
connection to do the next set of commands and transfer. It is nice to
see this finally working and getting the as400 system information in a
nice easy to read GUI with copy to clipboard and send as email to boot.

These are the arcanes of your application... I don't fully understand
what you're doing.

But please note libcurl is available on OS/400 (you have to download the
sources and read Packages/OS400/README.OS400 for compilation and use
instructions). SMTP is working, as well as FTP, HTTP 1, IMAP, POP3,
LDAP, TELNET, TFTP and FILE with TLS/SSL support enabled. You can even
link it with ZLIB for compression support if you have it on your AS.
There is an ILE/RPG binding /include file and some additional EBCDIC
wrapping procedures. If needed, you then can use libcurl directly from
your OS/400 program, for example to "send an e-mail to boot" (?) without
going through a clipboard :-) Mail formatting should be provided by you,
of course.

I'm still interested in how your OS/400 FTP server identifies itself.
Can you connect with a CLI client, then issue command "site SYST" and
post the server answer here, please? Thanks in advance.

Patrick