Re: [curl-library] please auto-adjust mailinglist subject

From: Tor Arntsen <kspt.tor_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 14 Sep 2015 09:40:22 +0200

On 14 September 2015 at 09:22, Bastian Bittorf <bittorf_at_bluebottle.com> wrote:
> I read several mailinglists and it is good
> practise to auto-apply a leading [project] field
> to the subjects. Is it possible to do so, or
> are there reasons (for you) against it?

In my opinion that would just waste (limited) subject line space.
There really isn't a need for that with any modern email program, none
that I use at least - all of them can apply filters depending on
various fields of the email. My filters detect the
there are many other possible header fields to choose from.
In any case, my email programs automatically apply my chosen label
'Curl' to all libcurl mailing list messages. And some related
messages, e.g. from github. With gmail they even end up in their own
'imap' folder when I use another email program to read my google mail.

-Tor