curl http/2 cleartext upgrade for POST request

From: Francisco Moraes <francisco.moraes_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 17 Sep 2015 11:25:57 -0400

While testing cleartext upgrade with curl, I noticed a few things when
testing an upgrade for a POST request (no issues that I recall with a
GET request):

- if I send the 101 response before sending the 100 Continue (due to
Expect header), curl seems to hang and doesn't send the payload.
Instead, I got the http/2 preface sent
- if I respond to the request with 100 Continue and only send the 101
after the payload has been fully received, I get the behavior that seems
to match the spec

Can you comment on what's the correct order here? I know that cleartext
upgrade containing a payload doesn't seem to be a good idea and I am
debating whether to even support it, but wanted to get your thoughts on
this.

Also, curl doesn't seem to send a GOAWAY frame before closing the
connection (see https://httpwg.github.io/specs/rfc7540.html#6.8).

Thanks for your attention,