Re: CURLINFO_TLS_SESSION with OPENSSL returns SSL_CTX instead of SSL

From: Ray Satiro via curl-library <curl-library_at_cool.haxx.se>
Date: Fri, 2 Oct 2015 14:34:42 -0400

On 10/2/2015 3:39 AM, Michael König wrote:
>> Ray Satiro via curl-library <curl-library_at_cool.haxx.se> hat am 1. Oktober 2015
>> um 21:03 geschrieben:
>>
>> Here is another idea, piggyback on CURLINFO_TLS_SESSION instead.
>> CURLINFO_TLS_SESSION_V2 returns OpenSSL SSL * but is otherwise the same
>> as CURLINFO_TLS_SESSION:
>>
>> https://github.com/jay/curl/compare/master...jay:curlinfo_tls_session_v2?expand=1
>>
> If it was intended to eventually deprecate the current CURLINFO_TLS_SESSION
> and replace it with the V2 version this would make sense. If that will not
> be the case i think going with the maximum distance to CURLINFO_TLS_SESSION,
> regarding the returned values, while doing what we want is the way to go. To
> justify the existance of the new enum.

I'm not sure what you mean by "going the maximum distance". If you mean
change the structure to be more "full" so that V2 returns both the
SSL_CTX and SSL I think that's unnecessary because you can get the
SSL_CTX from the SSL. It appears this was just an oversight that SSL_CTX
instead of SSL is returned for OpenSSL in V1.