Re: curl version mapping with red-hat curl rpm's

From: Paul Howarth <paul_at_city-fan.org>
Date: Wed, 14 Oct 2015 11:11:29 +0100

On 14/10/15 10:38, Gaurav Rastogi -X (garastog - ARICENT TECHNOLOGIES
MAURIITIUS LIMITED at Cisco) wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Is there any way to get the mapping of CURL version (available as per
> open source code) and the curl version present in CURL rpms as a part of
> RED-HAT?
>
> Currently I ve below CURL rpms installed as a part of RED-HAT:
>
> rpm -qa | grep curl
>
> curl-7.19.7-46.el6.i686
>
> libcurl-7.19.7-46.el6.x86_64
>
> libcurl-7.19.7-46.el6.i686
>
> Need to know to which CURL version release they are mapped to?
>
> Regards
>
> Gaurav

The underlying version is 7.19.7 but then there are a bunch of patches
applied on top of that (mainly from later upstream versions) to address
security and other important bugs.

You can get a feel for what's added by looking at the rpm changelog:

$ rpm -q --changelog curl | more

Each change is associated with a particular CVE or Red Hat bugzilla
reference.

Cheers, Paul.