Re: tcp keepalice probes

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Wed, 21 Oct 2015 10:48:36 +0200 (CEST)

On Wed, 21 Oct 2015, Tiaan Wessels wrote:

> No, its not counterproductive at all. If you are allowed to set the other
> keepalive parameters, why single out the probe count?

It really hasn't been "singled out".

In curl we add features we want/need. You seem to talk about something nobody
has yet felt a need or desire for. Hence nobody has added support for it.

> One has insight and historical history of you network reliability and only
> if you can set all three parameters can you minimise outage for your
> critical network connections.

First, that can be argued. Then: we support three keepalive options already
and third: as I already said: you can set any socket options you like. libcurl
does not limit that for you in any way.

And we're accepting patches for missing features and bugs so if you see
something you think we should support, please feel free to write up a patch
and send us. That's how we develop and advance libcurl!