Re: libcURL With OpenLDAP

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Tue, 5 Jan 2016 00:43:59 +0100 (CET)

On Mon, 4 Jan 2016, Alan Cronin (alcronin) wrote:

> So far it looks like libcurl uses OpenLDAP with LDAP_SASL_SIMPLE as the
> authentication type (openldap.c:275). Am I reading this correct in that
> libcurl does not support other authentication mechanisms (GSSAPI, Digest,
> MD5, etc.) or is this done via a different way?

That matches what I see as well, and no there's no other mechanism to control
the LDAP auth. We just haven't implemented support for anything else.

> Is there any plans in the future to add support for these?

Our project doesn't really work like that. We're just a large bunch of
individuals who like a good transfer library and we all work on and improve
things we want to work on - there's a ROADMAP document in the source tree with
ideas a few of us want to get done in the near term but there's no LDAP stuff
there. There's also a TODO document with ideas in the source tree, but it
doesn't mention a lot of LDAP details.

This said, feel free to join in and help us improve in this area! libcurl only
gets as good as we can make it.