Re: API to include cacert using a C string

From: Thomas Glanzmann <thomas_at_glanzmann.de>
Date: Sat, 9 Jan 2016 08:19:27 +0100

Hello Daniel,

> I will gladly accept patches that introduce it. Have you considered
> the API/option for passing the cacert bundle to libcurl?

I have thought about this as well. I think we have two options:

        - Make CURLOPT_CAINFO and/or CURLOPT_CAPATH not only accept a
          path as they do today but also let them accept one or more
          X509 PEM encoded certificates. Try to write a generic wrapper
          function that works with all SSL backends, if that it is not
          possible write one per SSL backend.

        - Introduce a new CURLOPT which only accepts one or more X509
          PEM certificates. Maybe CURLOPT_EMBEDCA or something similar.

Maybe you have another and better idea, than let me know.

Cheers,
        Thomas