Re: libCurl on Amiga

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Fri, 15 Jan 2016 22:24:08 +0100 (CET)

On Fri, 15 Jan 2016, Norbert Kett via curl-library wrote:

> i did further tests with libCurl on real Amiga, and the problem is the
> speed.libCurl requires around 15 MIPS CPU power to be able make ssl
> connection. (compiled for 68020+, no fpu)the standalone openssl tool works
> fine (and quickly) on a simple 68020 too.

(The 68020 is 32(!) years old this year...)

That's a difference I can't understand. But are they really using the same
algorithms and otherwise running the same things in that comparison?

> can i know what calculations / functions utilized during ssl connection?

1) We're using OpenSSL's API so you'd have to check their implementation but
also 2) I'm sure OpenSSL adheres to the TLS' spec and isn't doing a lot of
unnecessary things.

Although the specific ciphers and algorithms used will make a great
difference.

> the curl-ca-bundle.crt file seems processed under the ssl connection
> procedure. that is not a good design.can i make a pre-process for this file?
> before any ssl connection.

If you can come up with a system for how that would work I'm sure we and more
people would be interested!