Re: How to "PUT" http body to HTTP PUT in libcurl

From: Ray Satiro via curl-library <curl-library_at_cool.haxx.se>
Date: Wed, 27 Jan 2016 16:32:51 -0500

On 1/27/2016 11:58 AM, cnm marketing wrote:
> According to your instruction - "Changing the
> CURLOPT_POST to a CURLOPT_PUT ought to get you what you want". The
> result of "405 Method Not Allowed" makes me feel uncomfortable. Please
> advise

As Dan said the server didn't like your request so you need to figure
out why that is. I've seen 405 due to failure to provide a referrer
myself. It could be anything. I suggest you try doing the request you
are having problems with in Firefox or Chrome with the network monitor
open. In this way you can figure out exactly what is being sent and then
you will likely be able to emulate that in libcurl. Both browsers have a
feature 'copy as curl' [1] that may help as well.

[1]: http://daniel.haxx.se/blog/2015/11/23/copy-as-curl/