Re: Adding static libcurl.a to xcode 7.2 example project adds libcurl.4.dylib dependency

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Tue, 23 Feb 2016 00:42:22 +0100 (CET)

On Mon, 22 Feb 2016, Stephen Greenfield wrote:

> /usr/local/lib has permissions for System = Read & Write, wheel =
> Read only, and Everyone = Read only.

Yes, that's why 'make install' needs sudo, not the other make commands.

> This is Xcode's link command line from the copy of Apple's
> "ViewController.app" OS X Cocoa example, which I added libcurl.a to:

Wow, that's massive and I know far too little Mac OS X stuff to comment on all
that. But you're linking with -l and just adding the dir where the new libcurl
is installed with -L. Is that really preventing the linker from finding the
shared default libcurl version you already have installed? I would guess it
doesn't and that is what happens.