Re: CURL time setting ssl error

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Tue, 23 Feb 2016 10:32:33 +0100 (CET)

On Tue, 23 Feb 2016, Thiru balaji wrote:

> I receive a ssl error stating "certificate not yet valid".
> I expected this, as the time utltilies in my system is not correct.
>
> So my question, is there a way such as callback where I can provide time to
> curl.

No there isn't. And also, even if we would provide such a function it wouldn't
help in lots of cases. Most[*] TLS libraries libcurl can be built to use have
their own certificate verification functions and they tend to also do the
validation of the cert's dates. I'm not aware of the TLS libraries offering
that functionality.

> Can I override this with a different option, is it available. Let me know.

It'll be WAY easier if you "ovcerrided" your time problem by setting a
roughly accurate system time...

[*] = OpenSSL is the golden exception here, for which libcurl actually do the
time checks itself but I would rather avoid adding more OpenSSL specific code.