Re: BoringSSL crash on Win32

From: Gisle Vanem <gvanem_at_yahoo.no>
Date: Mon, 7 Mar 2016 09:10:37 +0100

Daniel Stenberg wrote:

> On Fri, 4 Mar 2016, Gisle Vanem wrote:
>
>> I'm built libcurl using BoringSSL (MSVC-2015) but it crashes for a very good reason. Here is the call-stack (slightly
>> edited):
>
> David Benjamin in the BoringSSL team produced a patch for this problem and it'd be great if you could try it out:
>
> Issue: https://boringssl-review.googlesource.com/#/c/7333/
>
> Patch (in a zip file!):
> https://boringssl-review.googlesource.com/changes/7333/revisions/db3f39249db2fb729520192462b5458fdecc6eb2/patch?zip
>
> (The patch is available through the download link on the top right corner on the issue page.)

Thanks Daniel and David.

I applied that diff and rebuilt. libcurl with BoringSSL now works as
expected. Tested with:
 curl -o test_ssl.html https://www.ssllabs.com/ssltest/viewMyClient.html
 lynx -dump test_ssl.html

which says:
 Protocols
 TLS 1.2 Yes*
 TLS 1.1 Yes*
 TLS 1.0 Yes*
 SSL 3 Yes*
 SSL 2 No
 (*) Without JavaScript, this test reliably detects only the highest supported protocol.

------

David, how could this have gone unnoticed for so long?

--
--gv