Re: Massive HTTP/2 parallel requests

From: Molina <jose.molina_at_cern.ch>
Date: Sat, 12 Mar 2016 16:22:06 +0100

I think I have some good news!

As I said before, I’ve been working with the window sizes, trying to emulate what I did with nghttp2 to get the numbers I showed… and it seems to work!
Before the changes it reached ~300KB/s, and after the changes ~1MB/s, which is the maximum bandwidth I have at home. I will try again on Monday, when I’m back to the office with a much better connection, but so far the results look promising. I’ve used a 16MB buffer, which should be enough for this particular case.

Theses are the results of the benchmark when downloading with CURL a single 1000MB file:

HTTP/2 (modified): 10m0s
HTTP/2 (master): 22m33s
HTTP/1.1: 10m49s

If you want to take a look at the changes please access here: https://github.com/Moliholy/curl/commit/c72cddb24216a43516bc10253a4a66566db7088e <https://github.com/Moliholy/curl/commit/c72cddb24216a43516bc10253a4a66566db7088e>
Shall I submit a pull request for a review of the changes?

Cheers,
José