Re: Massive HTTP/2 parallel requests

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Sat, 12 Mar 2016 20:56:38 +0100 (CET)

On Sat, 12 Mar 2016, Molina wrote:

> I think I have some good news!

Excellent! Thanks for continuing your work on getting to the bottom of this.

> If you want to take a look at the changes please access here:
> https://github.com/Moliholy/curl/commit/c72cddb24216a43516bc10253a4a66566db7088e

That's a really excessive buffer size. from 32K to 16MB - and this is per
HTTP/2 connection. Can you also present what your test results are with some
buffer sizes in between?

Additionally, there should be no need to set window size and buffer size to
the same values. I question the need for setting the buffer size so large but
I can understand why you need a fairly large window size. (I've already done
HTTP/2 downloads with curl way faster than the browsers do on my computer with
that 32K buffer size.)

Can you elaborate on why you need to set
NGHTTP2_SETTINGS_MAX_CONCURRENT_STREAMS and why to 64?

> Shall I submit a pull request for a review of the changes?

That'd be great, at least once we've worked out the details on what it really
should do...