Re: curl/nghttp2 send multiple TCP packets for Magic/Settings/Headers

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Sun, 13 Mar 2016 11:56:16 +0100 (CET)

On Sat, 12 Mar 2016, Inca R wrote:

> I think Curl code is doing the right thing:
> 1- nghttp2_submit_settings ( queue settings )
> 2- nghttp2_submit_request ( queue request )
> 3- nghttp2_session_send ( send magic and pending data: Settings and Request
> )
> But I still get Magic, Settings and the Request ( Headers ) in 3 different
> TCP packets.

Seems to be one of those cases where we've focused on doing the right thing so
far rather than the most effective. And yes, it certainly sounds like an area
where we should improve.

> I need help to figure it out and be able to optimize and send only one TCP
> packet.

1. Figure out how to get it done with nghttp2 so that it all gets sent in one
send().

2. Make sure libcurl uses the method in (1)

3. Test and verify that it doesn't break anything. Curse the lack of http2
tests in curl.

Or do you have more specific questions?