Re: CURLOPT_SSLENGINE and nss

From: Ray Satiro via curl-library <curl-library_at_cool.haxx.se>
Date: Tue, 15 Mar 2016 16:07:45 -0400

On 3/15/2016 10:27 AM, Oliver Graute wrote:
> Hello,
>
> i'am using libcurl/7.44.0 with NSS/3.21. How can I set the SSL Engine for nss?
>
> I allready found:
>
> curl_easy_setopt()
>
> But if i use it. I get:
>
> CURLOPT_SSLENGINE: 4 (CURLE_NOT_BUILT_IN)
>
> --> If support for the option was disabled at compile-time, it will
> return CURLE_NOT_BUILT_IN.
>
> I 'am using the following configure options before compiling libcurl:
>
> --without-ssl and --with-nss

That option only works if OpenSSL built with engine support is used as
the SSL backend. I've added that to the documentation [1]. I'm not sure
about using NSS and engines, and how that works with libcurl. If you
explain what you're trying to do (like use a smartcard) maybe someone on
the list who uses libcurl and NSS will be able to help.

[1]: https://github.com/curl/curl/commit/732983e