Re: How to use the libcurl download web page?

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Thu, 17 Mar 2016 08:01:35 +0100 (CET)

On Thu, 17 Mar 2016, Frank Chang wrote:

> I would like to know if the 190,408 bytes large curl shared library inside
> of curl_7.43.0-1ubuntu2.1_amd64.deb which is the Ubuntu libcurl SSL package
> we downloaded from the https://curl.haxx.se/download.html website is the
> correct binary for building 64 bit Ubuntu Linux 15.10 file transfer
> applications for security digital IP cameras.

On Ubuntu, you should rather consider running 'apt-get install
libcurl-openssl-dev' instead. That will install libcurl development files for
you. A liburl built with OpenSSL. Alternatively, you can select the
libcurl4-nss-dev or libcurl4-gnutls-dev packages.

If libcurl can do file transfers from your particular "security digital IP
camera" or not we can't know, but it does speak quite a few protocols so I'd
say the chances are good it can.