Re: Introducing cURL to another build/configure tool

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Sat, 26 Mar 2016 23:54:37 +0100 (CET)

On Sat, 26 Mar 2016, Kevin "Ingwie Phoenix" Ingwersen wrote:

> But the greatest problem is checking for a function within a library.
> Currently, this is the source code emitted into a test file when checking
> for a function within a library:

> void* dh = dlopen(LIBNAME(S(${lib})), RTLD_LAZY);

A configure script would simply compile a small program and link with that lib
and use the specific function and see if it works. That then also works for
static libraries which your version doesn't. dlopen() isn't even as widely
available as libraries are.

> By the way, where do you guys look up macro references for autoconf macros?
> I’d have a few I didn’t exactly understand...

https://www.gnu.org/software/autoconf/manual/autoconf.html or plaing google
for it. autoconf has the benefit that it is old and is widely used so there's
almost always someone else out there who already solved any problem you can
think of.