Re: Remove HTTP Pipelining support?

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Tue, 19 Apr 2016 00:13:28 +0200 (CEST)

On Wed, 13 Apr 2016, m brandenberg wrote:

> So some status first... We have multi-million seats using pipelining for
> some of our data transport and it does contribute positively to most users'
> experiences.

Thanks a lot for that. I guess we shouldn't be too quick in removing pipelning
then... =)

> As to what I'd like to see... There are quite a few bugs in the pipelining
> support in libcurl. Carlo Wood had the beginnings of some nice fixes
> centered around cleanup of the state machine. I'd like to see something
> like that or maybe simplified pipelining support that parallels what's been
> done to support HTTP/2 (though I haven't looked at this yet - I'm making
> assumptions).

Personally I think that all efforts put into pipelnining should be considered
to perhaps instead get poured into transitioning to HTTP/2! But I will of
course willingly accept all and any patches that fixes bugs and improves
performance, including those involving Pipelining - as long as we support it.