Re: Has anyone compiled 64-bit libcurl on Windows?

From: Patrick Seiter <patrick.seiter_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 29 Apr 2016 19:33:44 -0500

Thank you very much Steve and Henri.

Henri was right in that I was trying to compile libcurl 32-bit and 64-bit
from the same directory without cleaning. How do I clean a curl build
directory? I've just been deleting the whole folder and re-extracting. I
tried this but I just get the help text:

    nmake /f Makefile.vc clean

I made my directory structure match my OpenSSL folders while developing
today from this tutorial:
http://developer.covenanteyes.com/building-openssl-for-visual-studio/

It worked! I was able to compile in 64-bit. I moved onto building with
OpenSSL 1.0.2g, which failed to compile because I needed to use the no-asm
flag on the Configure, but I got it working.

I've successfully compiled both 32-bit and 64-bit Curl and OpenSSL. Now to
release my project later this weekend!

Sincerely,
Patrick Seiter /zaɪ tɛr/

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/35398914/how-do-i-build-libcurl-for-64-bit-windows-in-using-visual-studio-2010

> > I personally don't take part on stackoverflow as I have struggled with
the constraints and limitations on the very few replies and suggestions I
have made there but I will endeavour to read your post.

> > > I don't want to spam copypasta for my first post to the reading list,
> > > but I can copy output as needed here. Eventually I'll want to build
> > > OpenSSL and zlib into this, but one step at a time.
> >

> > You have several choices for building under Windows with 32-bit and
64-bit support:

> > * Native Visual Studio project files - In my opinion this is the
simplest method and these can be found in curl\projects for VC6 to 14 and
support a number of 32-bit and 64-bit configurations supporting static and
dynamic builds and libraries such as Windows SSl, OpenSSL, wolfSSL and
libssh2. Unfortunately they don't support zlib at present.

> > * cmake - I don't know too much about libcurls support for cmake. I
have used it on other projects but don't know how extensive the
configurations are for libcurl.

> > * Visual Studio nmake via the curl\winbuild makefiles. These are
probably the most extensive way to compile under Windows but can be a bit
cumbersome especially if you are working with curl source code on a regular
basis.

> > * Visual Studio nmake via the older makefile.vc makefiles - My Windows
autobuilds on the development page use these but these can be more
cumbersome that the winbuild makefiles.

> > * Borland make - Useful if you use Borland but again I don't know how
extensive the support here is.

> > * The Linux based configure scripts using platforms such as Cygwin and
MSys - Ideal for those who are familiar with Linux based environments.