CURLOPT_SSL_VERIFYPEER / OS X 10.8 / DarwinSSL

From: Per Malmberg <per.malmberg_at_snowsoftware.com>
Date: Tue, 10 May 2016 07:37:28 +0000

Hi,

Are there any known issues relating to libcurl and OS X 10.8/Darwin SSL, specifically with disabling CURLOPT_SSL_VERIFYPEER?

The reason I'm asking is because on every version of OSX from 10.7 to 10.11 - except 10.8 - I can disable CURLOPT_SSL_VERIFYPEER like this:

curl_easy_setopt(curl , CURLOPT_SSL_VERIFYPEER, 0);
curl_easy_setopt(curl , CURLOPT_SSL_VERIFYHOST, 0);

Both calls returns CURLE_OK.

Peer validation in itself is working on 10.8, we just can't disable it.

We're using libcrul 7.4.1, statically linked, with --with-darwinssl

Any thoughts on the matter are welcome.

Regards,

Per