Re: http:/// and other slash amounts

From: bch <brad.harder_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 10 May 2016 15:10:47 -0700

I wasn't really kidding when I posted
https://twitter.com/bcharder/status/728341342447800320

I was thinking of support that is adjunct and switchable (on/off). A
facility for "/-condensing" that has heuristics for ///.... -> // after the
transport, and perhaps //... -> / in the path?

-bch
On May 10, 2016 2:19 PM, "Daniel Stenberg" <daniel_at_haxx.se> wrote:

On Tue, 10 May 2016, Tor Arntsen wrote:

Believe me, this entire issue is causing me itches all over.

> Yeah, wish those browser authors weren't so quick to abandon standards.

... and noticed that neither Safari nor IE 11 accept three slashes in URLs
either, while Edge does. And I've yet to get someone to tell me why.