Aw: Re: (Secure) Websockets using libcurl

From: Patrick Rathje <PatrickRathje_at_web.de>
Date: Wed, 18 May 2016 18:27:04 +0200

On 18/05/16 11:25 Frank Meier wrote:
> Hi Patrick
>
> If you like to get your hands dirty, you could have a look at my
> approaches (patches) mentioned in
> http://comments.gmane.org/gmane.comp.web.curl.library/45993.
>
> The second patch which enables you to retrieve the the active connection
> socket I use productively for some time now.
> cheers, Frank

Hey,
thank you for your answer.

I am linking libcurl dynamically at the moment and I need to support different operating systems as well.
So I would prefer a way without patching. (Static linking might not be a bad idea either (I will think about it ;) ).

If I assume that there is no other way of achieving the reuse of an open TCP-Connection between two handles:

Is there a way to parse the HTTP-Headers using the built-in libcurl functions? Or does one have to parse the Headers manually?

Sincerely,

Patrick Rathje