RE: [RELEASE] curl and libcurl 7.49.0

From: Steve Holme <steve_holme_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 19 May 2016 21:27:42 +0100

On Thu, 19 May 2016, Jan Ehrhardt wrote:

> A little bit later in the process I am running into this error:
>

> C:\php-sdk\curl-src\lib\vauth\vauth.c : fatal error C1083: Cannot open
> compiler generated file:
> 'C:\php-sdk\curl-src\builds\libcurl-vc14-x86-release-static-ssl-static-zlib-static-ssh2-static-ipv6-sspi-obj-lib\vauth\vauth.obj':
> No such file or directory

I am a little surprised by this as I tried to test the Linux builds, Visual Studio project builds as well as the makefile.vc and winbuild based builds.

I appreciate my test config for winbuild based builds is a little different but I ran the following build directly from the curl repo via the VS2015 x64 Native Tools Command Prompt:

nmake /f Makefile.vc mode=static VC=14 ENABLE_SSPI=yes ENABLE_IPV6=yes ENABLE_IDN=yes ENABLE_WINSSL=yes DEBUG=no MACHINE=x64

I have also retested this tonight with both a pre-7.49.0 curl repo and current repo and "c:\development\curl\builds\libcurl-vc14-x64-release-static-ipv6-sspi-winssl-obj-lib\vauth" is created during the build process.

Any pointers or ideas as to what is different, and also why the vtls directory is created for you, would be much appreciated.

Kind Regards

Steve