Re: bash script - for http-post

From: Ray Satiro via curl-library <curl-library_at_cool.haxx.se>
Date: Sat, 21 May 2016 16:36:50 -0400

On 5/21/2016 3:10 AM, Kman Devnull wrote:
> On Tue, May 17, 2016 at 3:34 PM, Kman Devnull <kman.devnull_at_gmail.com
> <mailto:kman.devnull_at_gmail.com>> wrote:
>
> Hi,
> I was planning to convert some of my current libcurl code into a
> bash script.
>
> Current code looks something like this -
> https://curl.haxx.se/libcurl/c/getinmemory.html
>
> So, if I were to convert it to bash script - would the usage of
> curl be something like this in bash script -
> http://www.yilmazhuseyin.com/blog/dev/curl-tutorial-examples-usage/
>
> Would appreciate if you have some examples to point me to. Many
> thanks!

You have to be more specific about what you are trying to do. If you
want to retrieve a webpage using the curl tool it's as simple as

curl http://example.com

save it to a file:

curl -o out http://example.com

Read the manpage [1] and look at the cheat sheet [2]. That website you
linked to suggests using --request (-X) but there's usually no reason
for that [3]. If you need more help after you read all those things ask
the curl tool mailing list curl-users [4].

[1]: http://curl.haxx.se/docs/manpage.html
[2]: https://bagder.github.io/curl-cheat-sheet/http-sheet.html
[3]: https://daniel.haxx.se/blog/2015/09/11/unnecessary-use-of-curl-x/