Re: CURLE_OPERATION_TIMEDOUT (vs) CURLE_COULDNT_CONNECT

From: Praveen Pvs <meetpraveenpvs_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 25 May 2016 21:21:32 +0530

On Wed, May 25, 2016 at 1:06 PM, Praveen Pvs <meetpraveenpvs_at_gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Can someone help me to understand under what scenirios/suitations we get
> following error codes:
>
> CURLE_COULDNT_CONNECT
> CURLE_OPERATION_TIMEDOUT
>
> Do they mean same?
>
> My understanding is -
>
> When we are not able to connect to server and timed out while trying to
> connect to server we get CURLE_COULDNT_CONNECT
>
> When we are able to connect to host but got timed out while waiting for
> the response we get CURLE_OPERATION_TIMEDOUT
>
> Is this correct?

the situation between following two scenarios:
1. Connection is not available
2. Connection is available but could not get response in time

What would be response code we get from curl_easy_perform function in the
above two cases?

Thank your help