Re: Getting files from SFTP is slower at newer versions

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Sun, 29 May 2016 00:07:43 +0200 (CEST)

On Wed, 25 May 2016, Moti Avrahami wrote:

please don't top-post.

> So I upgraded libssh2 to the newest version (1.7.0) but now I can't even
> connect to a SFTP server and got this error:
> "Failed initialization: Failure establishing ssh session"

That's unexpected.

It means libssh2_session_startup() returned an error very early on which I
can't see how it can be curl's fault. I'd suggest you first try the SFTP
examples in libssh2 against that server to see that libssh2 actually works
there. It feels like a bad libssh2 build or something.