Exception when runing libcurl v7.49.0 with mbedTLS

From: Moti Avrahami <moti.dp_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 5 Jun 2016 16:11:38 +0300

Hello,

I used libcurl v7.47.1 with mbedTLS (v2.2.1) as my TLS backend to connect
FTPS servers and everything worked well.

Recently I upgraded libcurl to v7.49.0 and now I’m getting exception when
connecting to some FTPS servers.

The exception is about “Access violation reading location” and the
callstack begin from mbedTLS.c in this function:

void Curl_mbedtls_session_free(void *ptr)

{

  mbedtls_ssl_session_free(ptr);

  free(ptr);

}

The second command (free) go deep to this:

File: C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio
9.0\VC\crt\src\dbgheap.c

Line: 1132

Expression: _CrtIsValidHeapPointer(pUserData)

Does someone else encounter it?

By the way, I already fixed the bug of “fix includes so snprintf() works”
which was fixed in 7.49.1: https://curl.haxx.se/mail/lib-2016-05/0196.html

Thanks,

Moti