Re: libcurl crahes when an SFTP server's home directory is non-exist

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Tue, 14 Jun 2016 11:06:25 +0200 (CEST)

On Tue, 14 Jun 2016, Ray Satiro via curl-library wrote:

> rc = libssh2_sftp_symlink_ex(sshc->sftp_session,
> ".", strlen("."),
> tempHome, PATH_MAX-1,
> LIBSSH2_SFTP_REALPATH);
>
> The documentation allows for the case of an empty homedir since it does not
> specifically address it.

Yes, it just sends a query to the server and the server may just return an
empty or malformatted string.

The question is then rather why it would return a positive number if there was
ho home dir so no data was copied?

It makes me suspect this was a very old libssh2 version? (This could be the
fault fixed in commit f9b1b950 in libssh2, part of the 1.2.8 release.)