Re: curl user survey results 2016

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Tue, 21 Jun 2016 14:26:51 +0200 (CEST)

On Tue, 21 Jun 2016, dev_user wrote:

> Someone said "IPv4 support" to the question "What feature/bug fix would you
> like to see the project REMOVE?"
>
> You may need to isolate the responses from that user and filter them out
> because they may be from another planet.

Are you saying you don't have at least two friends or acquaintances who miss
no opportunity to mention IPv6 and only refer to IPv4 as "legacy IP" ? I know
more than two so I'm not surprised at all that there's at least one such
person among our respondents. I don't take that suggestion seriously as I
don't think it was meant so.

> Also, just scanning top to bottom here, I am really surprised by the sample
> number. Very very small.

I can only concur. I was so happy last year when we managed to get over a
thousand respondents so I was truly disappointed to see us not reach out
better than this. I don't know what we can do to reach out better and I
certainly did nothing extra magic last year. But hey, I'm glad we got
feedback!

Thanks to everyone who took time out of their busy lives to help us out!