Re: curl user survey results 2016

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Tue, 21 Jun 2016 22:26:57 +0200 (CEST)

On Tue, 21 Jun 2016, Henri Hein wrote:

> Confusing."
>
> It can be problematic to ask people about transfer speeds. I'm not saying
> it's a bad question, but I would take the replies with a grain of salt.

Oh yes. I actually take all answers with lots of grains of salt. People have
different ideas, they interpret the questions differently and as you say
people will think that answering in a certain way may trigger some specific
action from the project. Then I come and try to figure out those things as
told by hundreds of different people from different cultures, backgrounds and
experiences. From my own set of viewpoints and prejudices.

My hope is just that by getting hundreds of people to answer in every survey,
we at least get some sort of average and aggregate numbers that say something.
But no, it's not easy to deduct what it tells us and whatever trends I
sometimes speculate on in the poll analyses, they're never really founded on
stastiscally safe numbers of methods. They might be right. They might be
wrong.

Damned statistics!