Re: Speed comparison wget vs. curl (HTTPS/HTTP1/GnuTLS)

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Thu, 30 Jun 2016 15:36:17 +0200 (CEST)

On Thu, 30 Jun 2016, Tor Arntsen wrote:

> --tcp-nodelay makes it much faster, but wget is still noticably faster
> (as in noticing when executing the command from the command line).
>
> wget: 0.028u 0.000s 0:00.20 10.0%
> curl: 0.112u 0.024s 0:00.29 44.8%
>
> Apparently curl does much more processing.

I can't reproduce any difference very easily anymore. With my GnuTLS builds I
get about 30-40 milliseconds with both. (And then it even negotiates HTTP/2
too in the curl case.)

libcurl goes through a couple of extra function layers but that shouldn't end
up even noticable. This has to be another flaw/mistake somewhere.

Is this using Tim's command lines (+ --tcp-nodelay) against google? Which TLS
backends are you using?