Re: I set the timeout to 2 seconds , but it consume 6 seconds,and then return the error code 28

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Wed, 6 Jul 2016 22:08:20 +0200 (CEST)

On Fri, 1 Jul 2016, 兰天 wrote:

> I use curl_easy_setopt(pCurl, CURLOPT_TIMEOUT,2);

> curl_easy_getinfo(easy, CURLINFO_TOTAL_TIME, &val_total_time); to get the
> total time elapsed, I feel strange that some request consume 6second, why ?

We can't tell without much more details. It isn't supposed to work like that.

libcurl version? Which name resolver backend did it use? On which platform did
you run this? What protocol did you use? What exactly did libcurl do when the
timeout was supposed to trigger? Can you provide a small source code that can
reproduce the problem?