Re: transient test failures in curl for test 1139 and 1140

From: Kamil Dudka <kdudka_at_redhat.com>
Date: Fri, 29 Jul 2016 23:22:13 +0200

On Friday, July 29, 2016 12:57:04 dev_user wrote:
> That is a the ever changing code base.

It is not. If you download the URLs 10 years from now, you will get the
same contents, the one that was prepared and thoroughly tested for the
7.50.0 release of curl. You can replace the curl-7_50_0 tag in those URLs
by the corresponding SHA1 hash (79e63a53bb9598af863b0afe49ad662795faeef4)
if you suspect curl developers from rewriting the tag later on. If the
SHA1 hash is not strong enough for your policy, it will complicate your
job negligibly.

Anyway, this thread is getting pretty off topic I guess...

Kamil