Now and upcoming

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Thu, 4 Aug 2016 09:06:34 +0200 (CEST)

Hey,

Over the last 12 months we've shipped 500 bugfixes in 10 releases and yet we
still have 100 items in our TODO list and 50 known bugs listed - with both
lists slowly growing over time. On github, we have 27 open issues and 27
pending pull requests. A total of 1425 contributors have helped us get this
far, with more than 150 of them having contributed during the last year.

What's coming up next in the URL transfer world?

We're seeing TLS 1.3 getting closer to actually shipping and there are already
implementations getting intertop tested and TLS 1.3 is getting implemented in
browsers as we speak. TLS 1.3 has new features and will feature different ways
to handshake, so we might at some point need new options for that.

Google uses QUIC extensively in their browsers and servers. That protocol is
being handed over to get standardized in the IETF and it will be an
interesting new protocol to watch and experiment with.

There's a RFC6265bis discussion going on which is about revising the HTTP
cookie spec and it could very well end up straightening out a few quirks in
that area.

There are several HTTP header and HTTP/2 extension discussions being held,
some that could be interesting for curl/libcurl users as well.

... but traditionally, we don't ever really plan for features or changes
ahead, but we're driven so much but what people want to work on. Bring your
code and we'll talk!

Thanks for flying curl.