Re: Incomplete HTTP post body

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Thu, 4 Aug 2016 09:24:18 +0200 (CEST)

On Wed, 3 Aug 2016, Sean Miller via curl-library wrote:

> I'm using libcurl-7.19.7 to post JSON to an HTTP server. I'm aware this is
> an old version. I'm using the multi interface, and I based my implementation
> on the example given in asiohiper.cpp. I worked around bug #62.

We fixed known bug #62 in 7.21.2 with a commit merged nearly 6 years ago...

> Problem: I observe incomplete transmission of request bodies larger than
> about 40K bytes. Smaller requests are successful.

I can't recall any particular bug that would show up like that. I supposes it
would depend on exactly what more happens on that transation. Chances are also
that I've just forgotten about some old flaw.

But why bother? You're probably suffering from a bug in libcurl so if you want
that fixed you need to patch your libcurl and rebuild, and if you can do that
surely you're better off just considering upgrading instead and save yourself
a lot of troubles and quite likely fix a few other bugs at the same time that
are waiting to strike down on you soon...

If you're looking for the minimal patch to fix only this problem, then I'd
recommend "git bisect" to find the fix that made the problem go away and then
you backport that one to your version.