Re: Abnormal delay while receiving answer from a POST

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Tue, 9 Aug 2016 16:07:21 +0200 (CEST)

Hey,

Your email ended up mostly gibberish in my end.

But I could deduce that there's a delay in reading the body of a response
to a POST. I've never seen anything like that, as the headers seem to arrive
promptly to the callback but not the body.

I don't know of any proper explanation. When reading the body, libcurl will
basically call recv() and then send that data to the callback. My gut reaction
would be to say that libcurl didn't get the data faster, but I realize your
pcap shows it flying over the network with proper speed (frame #62).

Your strace dump has no timing so its not easy to do anything with, like
figuring out if there's a time gap somewhere.

Your delay_debug.txt trace similarly has no timing and it doesn't say anything
about the response body so it doesn't show the problem at all?

Can you repeat the problem easily?