Re: curl/libcurl SNMP protocol support

From: Rich Gray <rgray_at_plustechnologies.com>
Date: Tue, 9 Aug 2016 12:30:41 -0400

Sergei Nikulov wrote:
> Hello All!
>
> Is anybody interest in RFC 4088 "Uniform Resource Identifier (URI)
> Scheme for the Simple Network Management Protocol (SNMP)"
> implementation in curl utility?
>
> Maybe someone already thinking about adopting Net-SNMP library as
> engine for curl SNMP GET requests?
>
> Thank you.

Reproducing the net-SNMP library and its command line utilities seems
pointless. The ground is already well covered.

I suppose the only thing that might be useful would be the ability to handle
simultaneous SNMP and libcurl traffic. That would mean some way to have the
Net-SNMP library and libcurl be able to share I/O multiplexing on
fdset/select, etc. I don't know if there are SNMP libraries that would have
the hooks to support this kind of thing.

Rich