libcurl ca-bundle path

From: Mckinney, Lee <Lee.Mckinney_at_vencore.com>
Date: Tue, 16 Aug 2016 17:29:45 +0000

What is the default subject path on windows?

From the libcurl release FAQ, I see that the ca-bundle is no longer supplied.
No worries.
But I assume libcurl still leverages (or can leverage) a ca path at runtime.

I am currently setting an explicit path in my client code:

curl_easy_setopt(curl,CURLOPT_CAINFO,"<path-to-server-cert-pem-file");

and the client seems to communicate properly now with the server over ssl.

I want to externalize the path to the server pem so additonal certs (for additonal servers) can be
added to the trust store without the need to re-compile the client every time.

Is there a path environment variable libcurl checks?

Perhaps importing the server certs into Windows cert manager is the way to go?

r/
Lee