attention automatic git updaters!

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Fri, 26 Aug 2016 14:23:33 +0200 (CEST)

Hello!

Six months ago, we moved the github repo from being under my personal account
over to the new "curl" organization. The *old* git repo is however still
automatically redirecting to the new name so perhaps you never moved?

I'd like to start moving over to a work flow where I too do pull-requests (at
least for slightly larger things and when offering work-in-progress things) to
allow commenting, experimenting, pre-merge CI and more and then I would like
to be able to use my own curl repo for this.

I'm thinking October 1st is an excellent date for starting that. Starting that
day, the old URL will no longer be the master git repo.

So

If you had a git checkout before February 2016 that you still use and you
haven't fixed it so that it uses the new repo URL, please take a moment and
move over. It's easily and quickly down. Alternatively you just remove the old
and clone a new repo.

If you prefer moving over just using command line git commands, you can use
this sequence:

  1. create a new remote named 'new'

git remote add new https://github.com/curl/curl.git

  2. remove the original (old one) called 'origin'

git remote remove origin

  3. rename the new one to origin

git remote rename new origin

  4. set upstream to origin/master (you may need to do "git pull" first before
you can do this)

git branch --set-upstream-to=origin/master master

  5. done, and its Friday so a small celebrationary drinkable product is
     permitted

Thanks!