Disabling ALPN and OCSP with configure

From: Marcus Hoffmann <m.hoffmann_at_cartelsol.com>
Date: Thu, 1 Sep 2016 20:55:17 +0200

Dear all,
I wanted to build libcurl against gnutls v3.4.14 without ALPN and OCSP
support. This doesn't seem possible out of the box. Both features are
automatically enabled when using a recent gnutls version. Building
against a gnutls version where these features were disabled (there are
configure flags for this) then produces linker errors.

Right now I disabled the version check in lib/vtls/gtls.c but I wondered
if it would make sense for curl to have a configure option to disabled
OCSP/ALPN regardless of the gnutls version we are linking against.

Or maybe it would be better to detect the availability of
gnutls_alpn_*/gnutls_ocsp_* during configure?

If this is a desired feature I will try to prepare a patch, but I might
need some help with the autoconf stuff.

A somewhat related question: Does it make sense to support ALPN in curl
when http2 support is disabled?

Best wishes,
Marcus