Re: configure finding system openssl instead of my own

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Mon, 5 Sep 2016 00:06:19 +0200 (CEST)

On Sun, 4 Sep 2016, Linus Nordberg wrote:

>> Then of course that works against you when you have OpenSSL in two places
>> and that directory shouldn't be used for OpenSSL but should be used for one
>> of the other libraries...

> A workaround would be to, for each library checked for, specify a separate
> installation directory, or disable the library. Cumbersome but should work.

I think we generally should not set LDFLAGS and LIBS after we detect a library
but just *store* the info so that each library is detected separatedly and
then as a last operation in configure build the final LDFLAGS and LIBS
contents based on all individual tests. Then the test for zlib won't
"contaminate" the OpenSSL test like it did for you.

Honestly though, that's not a top priority on my TODO. But someone else wants
to do it, I'd accept patches!

> Going forward, configure seems to fail using -I/my/ssl-dir/include in the
> tests for header versions due to
>
> OLDCPPFLAGS=$CPPFLAGS
> # CPPPFLAGS comes from CURL_CPP_P
> CPPFLAGS="$CPPPFLAGS"
>
> which seems to come from CURL_CHECK_DEF [acinclude.m4].

Yeah, I seem to have messed up that and it is being discussed (and hopefully
solved) over in issue #958:

   https://github.com/curl/curl/pull/958