Re: HTTP2 support in libcurl3 for Ubuntu 14.04 and PHP7

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Fri, 9 Sep 2016 21:38:59 +0200 (CEST)

On Fri, 9 Sep 2016, Scott Moser wrote:

> I need a version of libcurl3 that will enable me to initiate HTTP2 sessions
> with Appleā€™s APNS service from within my PHP7 app running on Ubuntu 14.04.
>
> How can I find (or create) an appropriate version of libcurl3?

I don't know if there's anyone providing modern libcurl builds for Ubuntu
14.04. You should probably search around for that first.

If you want to build your own libcurl, you want to build it with at least a
TLS library and nghttp2 to speak HTTP/2 properly. Then you need to build curl
and libcurl from source and you need devel packages of your preferred TLS
library and nghttp2. If Ubuntu 14.04 doesn't provide new enough versions of
those dependencies, I suppose to need to build them too from source before you
build curl.